Sunday, January 9, 2011

Time to Hit the Books!

The first week of 2011 has passed. The further we get into January the busier I will get and I think this is a sign of things to come for the year. I have been told by Dutch students that January is the worst month of the year and I am starting to believe them.

I had an amazing vacation at home and a great New Year's in Amsterdam, but this past week has seen the return of the school work that I left behind before the holidays. Not the best start to a New Year. This year I think the Chinese New Year would be more appropriate, can't wait until February 3rd to start the year of the Rabbit!

Outside the school work, it is nice to be back in Amsterdam, to see all my friends, to ride my bike around the city, to enjoy the great things this city has to offer. I took a study break on Friday night to go for Ethiopian food with a group of friends, which was an amazing experience. We had the real authentic flavour and even ate with our hands. Such great tasting food!

No New Year's Resolutions for me this year, I just want to be able to enjoy the coming months in Amsterdam. I am sure it will all go by so quick and then comes the next step in a path which is still a little unclear. This is what makes life interesting though and the more options available the more exciting life is!

If anyone is looking for me during the next few weeks I will be at the library ;)

Tot zo!

No comments:

Post a Comment