Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Drizzle :)

Is what it is currently doing outside here in Amsterdam. Which in a way is perfect. Tuesday is one of my days off in the week so when it rains I am more likely to stay inside and do some studying.

I am working on an essay on the Construction of the Wall by Israel in Occupied Palestine, which relates to current topics in the news which is always great.

This past week I have been especially focusing on school, but I did take a break on Saturday night and watched "The Hurt Locker" with some friends. The Oscar Winner from this year, really is worth checking out and it had us discussing the issues surrounding the War in Iraq and the everyday lives of soldiers affected by these conflicts. I guess in the end, considering what I am studying, this too related well with my course work.

With all of the readings and essays, it's a good thing I am really enjoying my program. This week we have a guest lecturer coming on Friday to speak about "Securitizing the West". Then on Saturday I am going to attend a Rotaract Amsterdam organized Gala evening. So hopefully next week I will have more pictures for you all.

Laura in Amsterdam missing the Fall leaves of Ontario
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment